Tata Tiago EV
₹ 8.69 - 11.99 LakhEx-showroom Price
Tata Tiago EV Summary
Tata Tiago EV launched as the most affordable four-wheel EV in India, the Tata Tiago EV is the perfect choice for green-minded customers who want a do-it-all city runabout. The Tata Tiago is also one of the few vehicles in the country available with a petrol, CNG, and electric powertrain. However, to keep prices competitive the new Tiago EV has been launched with two battery pack options. The more affordable options produce 60bhp and 110Nm of torque, and offer a 19.2kWh battery pack. The second motor-battery combo produces 74bhp and 114Nm of torque, and comes with a 24kWh battery pack. Both batteries can be topped up from 10 to 80 percent in just 57 minutes using a 50kW DC fast charger. In terms of features and design, the new Tata Tiago EV remains largely familiar to its ICE-powered sibling, barring the minor exterior changes like blue accents and a closed-off front grille.
Tata Tiago EV is offered in seven different trim options, the new Tata Tiago EV is one of the cheapest electric cars in the country and directly takes on the new MG Comet EV in India. A compact footprint and a comfortable cabin help the Tiago EV give strong competition to the rivals and offer a practical package for those looking for an easy-to-drive and cheap-to-run city car.
The Tata Tiago EV, depending on the variant you opt for, is available in two powertrain options. The medium-range Tiago EV is powered by a 45 kW motor delivering 110 Nm of peak torque, whereas the range-topping Tiago EV gets a 55 kW motor with 114 Nm of peak torque. The buyers also get two battery pack options – 19.2 kWh and 24 kWh. Both these battery packs support fast charging options.
Tata Tiago EV Price
Key Specs of Tata Tiago EV
Filter Tata Tiago EV Variants by Fuel-type & Transmission
Tata Tiago EV Car Variants
Auto42's Take on Tata Tiago EV
The Tiago EV is a practical, safe, and feature-rich electric car in India but a shorter range and a not-so-powerful powertrain make it a city-only car
3.96 / 5
- Multiple Powertrain Options: Better flexibility for the buyers
- Impressive Safety: An extensive safety equipment list and tough build make it a safe EV
- Different Charging Options: Supports multiple charging options including 3.3kW AC, 7.2kW AC fast charge as well as a DC fast charger.
- Multiple Battery Packs: Different battery pack options help the buyers pick up the best combination
- Value for Money Price Tag: One of the most affordable EVs in India
- Pricier Top-End Variants: Despite being one of the most affordable EV, top-end variants are quite pricey.
- Limited Range: While it can handle city driving well, with the smaller battery pack, driving on the highway might be stressful