MG Comet EV
₹ 7.98 - 9.98 LakhEx-showroom Price
MG Comet EV Summary
The MG Comet is the second electric car in the brand’s Indian portfolio and is also the cheapest MG car in India today. The Comet EV is offered in three trim options – Pace, Play, and Plush.
For those wondering, the MG Comet is powered by a permanent magnet synchronous motor that delivers a peak power and torque output of 41 bhp and 110 Nm respectively. This motor comes mated to a 17.3 kWh lithium-ion battery which can only be charged using a 3.3 kW charger. While this charger takes a little over seven hours to fully charge this battery pack, it will take close to five hours to charge the battery from 10 to 80 percent. The Comet EV is currently the most affordable electric car in India and takes strong competition to the Tata Tiago EV in India.
MG Comet EV Price
Key Specs of MG Comet EV
Filter MG Comet EV Variants by Fuel-type & Transmission
MG Comet EV Car Variants
Auto42's Take on MG Comet EV
The new MG Comet is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a premium and feature-rich city commuter but a smaller battery and slow charging make it less practical than the rivals.
3.8 / 5
- Comfortable And Feature Rich Cabin: Long features list along with impressive build quality and great visibility
- Compact Footprint: Small size and great visibility along with a short turning radius makes it a great city car
- Driving Experience: A decently powerful motor and a smooth driving experience
- Impressive Range: A claimed range of 250 km is enough for everyday city commute
- Segment First Features: Features like two 10.25 inch screens and wireless mobile connectivity along with keyless entry are a few of the highlighting features
- No Fast Charging: The standard 3.3 kW charger is slow to charge and no fast charging options are available either
- Not So Practical Package: Limited boot space and rear-seat space make it less practical than the rivals