Maruti Suzuki Fronx
₹ 7.47 - 13.14 LakhEx-showroom Price
Maruti Suzuki Fronx Summary
One of the most anticipated launches for Maruti-Suzuki, alongside the 5-door Jimny, was the crossover version of its popular Baleno hatch – which has been christened Fronx. It is positioned above the Baleno in the market. Available in five trim options, the Fronx takes on the rivals like the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, Tata Punch, and Citroen C3.
For those wondering, Fronx is based on the same platform as the Baleno and offers a similar cabin, dashboard layout, similar features list, and an almost similar driving experience. What makes it different is an optional 1.0-L turbo petrol engine that boasts strong performance and impressive fuel economy. The Fronx is also offered with the same 1.2-L petrol engine that we get with the Baleno in India. Needless to say, the car gets both manual as well as automatic gearbox options.
Exterior highlights include split-style LED headlights, 17-inch alloy wheels, and sporty roof rails. However, the Fronx remains identical to the interior design that you find in the Baleno hatchback. Features include an 8-inch touchscreen with Smartplay Pro+ software, auto AC, heads-up display, colour TFT display on the instrument console, and auto-dimming IRVM.
Maruti Suzuki Fronx Price
Key Specs of Maruti Suzuki Fronx
Filter Maruti Suzuki Fronx Variants by Fuel-type & Transmission
Maruti Suzuki Fronx Car Variants
Auto42's Take on Maruti Suzuki Fronx
The Maruti Fronx has perfectly bridged the gap between the Baleno and Brezza in India but fails to dominate the rivals with its package and average performance.
3.8 / 5
- Robust And Strong Looks: A high-ground clearance along with beefed-up panels and prominent body claddings give it a strong stance
- Extensive Features List: Many new features including a new infotainment system, HUD, push-button start and more
- Powerful Turbo Petrol Engine: The turbo engine not only offers strong power figures but also boasts impressive fuel economy figures
- Suspension Setup: The ride-handling balance is spot on and the Fronx is not only comfortable but also dynamically sorted
- After-Sales Support: Wide service network and impressive parts availability
- Average Build Quality: The rivals offer significantly better build quality and fit-finish levels
- Not So VFM Pricing: The Fronx offers a similar package as the Baleno and fails to justify the premium price tag over the hatchback it is based on