Mahindra XUV 400 Electric
₹ 15.99 - 18.99 LakhEx-showroom Price
Mahindra XUV 400 Electric Summary
Launched to take on international competition like Hyundai Kona and MG ZS EV, the Mahindra XUV 400 is the brand’s first all-electric SUV. While this is an all-new SUV, exterior styling has been kept similar to its ICE-powered XUV 300 sibling. However, elements like the closed-off front grille, headlamp-integrated LED DRLs, copper-finished roof and re-styled tail lamps will help distinguish between the two. Apart from the design differences like XUV 400-specific gear lever, all-black colour theme and copper accents – the all-electric SUV is also larger in size than the XUV 300.
With a starting price of Rs 15.99 Lakh, the new Mahindra XUV400 is currently one of the affordable and powerful electric cars on sale in India for the mass buyers. The brand is offering the new XUV400 in two versions and has positioned it as a direct challenger to the Tata Nexon EV in India.
The XUV 400 Electric gets two powertrain options with different battery pack options. For starters, the range-topping-level EL variant is offered with a single-motor setup that delivers a max power of 147.51 bhp and 310 Nm of peak torque. This motor draws power from a 39.4 kW battery pack that offers a driving range of claimed 456 Km. The lower-spec EC variant on the other hand gets the same 147.51 bhp motor with a 310 Nm peak but is offered with a 34.5 kW battery pack that delivers an overall claimed range of 375 Km.
Mahindra XUV 400 Electric Price
Key Specs of Mahindra XUV 400 Electric
Filter Mahindra XUV 400 Electric Variants by Fuel-type & Transmission
Mahindra XUV 400 Electric Car Variants
Auto42's Take on Mahindra XUV 400 Electric
A powerful and practical powertrain not only makes the XUV400 the fastest ‘Made-In-Inda’ electric SUV but is also one of the safest offerings in the market and boasts strong dynamics
4.1 / 5
- Performance: Makes 0-100 km/hr in just 8.3 seconds and has a top speed of 160 km/hr.
- Impressive Range: Offers impressive range that makes it a practical electric SUV
- Cabin: A practical and spacious cabin loaded with ample amount of features.
- Safety: Underpinned by a global NCAP 5-star rated platform.
- Boring interiors: Interior design feels a bit old compared to the current standards.
- Missing features: Essential features like fog lamps, front parking sensors, rear AC vents, auto-dimming IRVM, etc. are missing from the SUV.